Saturday, May 29, 2010

TACOS! A Recipe.

The other week, my sister posted that they were having tacos for dinner one night. Immediately after reading that... I wanted tacos! So, the next night we had taco salad. Then after church one day, we splurged and went to Taco Bell (which I normally don't care for... but I don't mind the plain tacos every so often). Well, earlier this week I had picked up some shells so I thought we'd have tacos. Cory was like.. AGAIN?! haha! What can I say? I like them! So I was browning the meat (we use ground turkey) and getting ready to chop up some veggies.... and went to the cupboard only to realize that I had used up our last packet of taco seasoning. UGH! What a pain. We don't live too far out of town... but far enough for it to be a pain to have to run to the store for ONE thing. So I started to scour the internet for a homemade recipe... hoping I could find something that had ingredients that were already in my cupboard. Wouldn't you know.. I found one! And it was really good! Not only did it taste good, it made enough for me to store in an air tight container for multiple taco dinners.... AND it doesn't have all of those hidden preservatives and additives that normally come in those taco seasoning packets! I don't remember what website I got the recipe from... but I don't take any credit for it... it's not mine... I just like it! So here it is! I hope you'll give it a try!

HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
4 T. Chili Powder
3 T. plus 1 tsp. Paprika
3 T. Ground Cumin
1 T. plus 1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper

*Mix all ingredients together until well blended*
*Store in an airtight container in fridge*

FOR SEASONING 1 LB of GROUND BEEF
*Add 1 cup of water and 2 heaping T. of seasoning mix to pan with meat (stir).
*Simmer until the liquid is almost gone

Totally easy! Hope you enjoy!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that, thank you for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! it seems that fresh always tastes better than processed and I shall have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! But I don't even have most of those spices! I will have to get them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Thanks so much for posting that! We have tacos too often, I guess it's everyone's favorite... good to know if I don't have any taco seasoning packets, I can just make my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!