Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lets make it happen!!!

Ok.. so I don't know about you... but I want to be healthy!!! If you scroll to the very bottom of my page, you can see my "weight loss ticker". I was watching what I ate and trying to slim down a bit... but have kind of back tracked after a battle with the cold/flu. I want to get back on the horse and make it happen! I was researching some different programs and their reviews. I happened upon a few mentions of "spark people"... not quite sure what it means, but I signed up earlier this evening and then had to go out for a bit with my mom--so I didn't have a chance to really check it out. What I do know though... is it is FREE. You answer some simple questions about yourself (like your goals, your height, weight, etc) and they come up with a meal plan for you. Then you can keep track of it online. I can't say whether it works or not yet... but I'm certainly going to give it a shot... however, I might have to wait until my next trip to the store because I don't want to waste the food I have now. (Can't afford to do that).

Here is a sample breakfast menu that they have for my personal goal:
(Breakfast) 2 pcs whole wheat toast, 1 little box of raisins (ick--i may have to substitute), 1/2 c. kiwi fruit, 2 T. cream cheese.
(Lunch) 2 c. Romaine Lettuce, 1 T. Kraft Done Right Light Italian Dressing, Chick Peas (yuck!), Crutons (1/2 c.), 1 PB Granola Bar.
(Dinner) 10 spears of Asparagus (not sure if i like that?), Flank Steak(2 oz), 1 c. mashed potatoes, 1/2 c. vanilla frozen yogurt (YEA!), Teriyaki Sauce (no thanks).
(Snacks) 1 box raisins, 1/2 c. cooked oatmeal/cereal.

So, it doesn't seem like much... but there is a button to change your meal plan... and honestly... can my stomach really hold much more? Like tonight, my mom and I went out to eat. I ate SO much--I feel like I'm about to burst! And it wasn't that good! I don't think our stomachs are made for LOTS of food at one time. And there is a whole list of meal changes. If you change your breakfast, you don't have to change your lunch! I like the one that says WAFFLES! I loooove breakfast food.

This site has been really encouraging so far. I don't want to be a rail... but I would like to be a healthy weight and just be healthy in general. My weakness is SWEETS! This site calculates your calories and carbs and all that rot... I am looking forward to using it!

Check it out... its totally free. Hard to believe, I know... but its true.

*Holy Cow... it gives you a grocery list option to print out to take to the store. That's kind of cool*

Ok--I need to get to bed... I just wanted to share. I had never heard of Spark People... have you? If you've ever tried it... let me know! Of course, since it is free... there is less reason to stick with it because you don't get the guilts about having paid for it--but I am glad there is something like this out there. There are too many places online trying to get you to sign up just so they can rip you off!!

4 comments:

  1. I signed up for spark people a couple years ago..but i never check in..LOL. I do get their emails though on different ideas.

    Good luck Devon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tagged you on my blog!!! come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH... dieting STINKS! I'm FINALLY back on one. I had lost 30 pounds when we lost our son and in the weeks following. However, I've managed to gain it ALL back! I'm walking and trying to eat lean meats, veggies, and drink LOTS of water. Oh yea, and did you know that potatoes, corn, peas, and butterbeans are NOT considered "veggies?" They're CARBS! I'm not banning carbs.. that's not healthy either. Just trying to be more aware of what and how much I eat. I've got a long road ahead of me.

    BTW... after seeing you on the prank video I thought you had a very cute figure. We gals ALWAYS think we're "fat" no matter what. You need to do what you feel best with... but I think you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to look into that website!! I really need to get on track with my weight as well, but I want to wait until after we have a baby since we are trying right now. I did Weight Watchers last year and it really works, and it was pretty easy for me... I lost 10 pounds just like that. My mom is doing Weight Watchers too and has lost over 30 pounds. Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!