Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lazy Day!

Today has been pretty lazy for me. I had good intentions... but I just can't control that nausea and heartburn! I figured, since I'm sitting around anyway, I'd go ahead and post a few things!

I didn't mention it last week... but on Wednesday I called my doc about some of the chest pains I was having. I'd thought they were just heartburn, but the more I described the pains to Cory and my mom... the more I realized that it really wasn't heartburn. (I'd never had it before so I wasn't sure).

When I called the doctor, they told me to get to the ER right away, so I swung by Cory's work on the way and picked him up. We went in to register... and like 2 minutes later I was being whisked away behind big doors and then into my own little curtained section of the ER.

It really was a whirlwind of nurses and equipment. I got hooked up for an EKG and had to have an IV port put into my hand (I think that was the worst part!).

Over all, we were there for about an hour... and the final conclusion was a possible inflammation of the muscles/ligaments in my chest cavity due to a surge in progesterone.

That's good news!!! However, I have been dealing with some heartburn! But I'm just thankful it's nothing serious!

Saturday we went to my hometown for my cousin's grad party and first stopped off at my parents house. My mom had been trying to load her horse into the horse trailer since 7:30AM. It took 5 people and 6.5 hours, but he finally loaded in right before 2PM! Big stinker!


Around 4PM, we headed over to my cousin's grad party. It was nice to see a lot of people. We ate lots of good food and had a fun time hanging out... in the shade! Cory played a little ball with the kids...


My nephew decided to do a little break dancing at the party. We aren't quite sure where he picked it up (and obviously he isn't professional)... but it made us laugh!!
(You can't hear it till the end... but he is dancing to Ice, Ice Baby!)



And last but not least... today is my nieces 9th birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADELYN!!

2 comments:

  1. UGH, being pregnant does some nasty things to your body! I hope you feel better soon. Looks like everyone had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IV's in the hand are THE WORST. I don't know about you, but I have very deep veins in my hand, and they never never get it onthe first try. It often gets to the point where they give me a numbing shot, so they can go deep sea diving under my skin. God I'm not looking forward to that when I have my c-section in a few weeks.

    I'm glad to hear that you're alright, though. I bet you were terrified. Everything is so much scarier when theres the little one in your tummy to worry about as well :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!