Monday, January 10, 2011

37 Weeks!

I have finally almost gotten this cold KICKED! Still not 100%... but I'm surprised at how fast it's gotten better despite the fact that I haven't taken any medicine. I know the doctors give you a list of "ok" meds... but I still don't trust them.

Cory put me on some home remedies of REST, a gallon of water a day, the nettie pot, breathing in steam from a pot of water and gargling salt water.

I was miserable enough not to complain... and honestly, I couldn't really move to get up off the couch anyway... except to go to the bathroom, of course. Cory would come home at lunch time to make me soup. Poor guy was still getting over being sick himself and he still took care of me at lunch time, shoveled snow at 4:30AM and went to work for 9 hours (only to come home and take care of me again). He's a special one, that Cory!

I am still going to take it easy for awhile... I have a little bit of a cough to get rid of... but hopefully I'll be back into the bloggy swing of things!

Oh yeah.... and 37 weeks... NOT LONG NOW!


I'm having little pre-labor symptoms... but when I look them up online, everyone says that they could happen for weeks before I go into labor... so I'm not getting too excited... yet.

Tomorrow is my next appointment... we'll see what they say!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I feel like I was just reading about you and Cory trying to have a baby and here you are 37 weeks pregnant!

    I'm glad that you're feeling better!! Keep on resting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon, you look GREAT!!! I can't believe it is getting so close =) We will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're so close :) Now is when all the fun begins! You look amazing. I still would kick the doctor for ever suggesting that you were gaining too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 37 37 37 37~
    That's technically full term.
    I'm totally starting walking and bouncing and whatever else we've gotta do to encourage baby to come at 37!
    EEee glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devon, glad to hear you're feeling better!!! YEA!!! God blessed you with Cory, for sure!!!! Praying the Lord continues to watch over you and keep you both! Or rather....all three of you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are looking GREAT:) a friend of mine just had a baby girl this morning:D glad to hear your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look great! I am glad your husband is taking good care of you, despite his busy schedule. I guess he realizes your body is hard at work too, in a different way! :) Feel all the way better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good your feeling better with out meds. TLC from your hubby is best. You must be getting so excited to deliver & see your little blessing. You look great. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!