Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Recipe: Soft Bread Sticks

First, an update (hope it's not too graphic--but hey, it's pregnancy):

I had a Doc appt this AM to go over some things from my blood tests/ultra sound from last week. I didn't realize I'd have to pee in a cup when I got there... so I had to eek out as much as I could since I always "go" before I leave the house! Luckily it was enough! The nurse lady took me into the room and asked me a million questions. Then she went through my file and was going to have the doc give me a Pap... and I was like, "Uh, I already had that done"... and she looked through my papers again and said, "Oh, ok"... then she got out those paper covers and told me to get undressed and sit on the table and cover up. (I always dread that part). So I do as she said.. and wait... wait.. wait... and then finally the doc comes in and says, "Oh, you didn't need to get undressed"... (uuugh! what!?). I told her that the nurse told me to - like I was going to just volunteer to sit there with nothing but a thin sheet of paper over me! Sheesh. Apparently the nurse didn't look at my file close enough to see that I'd already had a couple of OTHER tests done too. So, there I sat in the pink paper, while the doctor went over things with me! (Oh well, get used to it, right?) Thankfully, everything seems to be going well... I have a high hemoglobin #, which means I'm not iron deficient... I don't have HIV or any other diseases... so things are right on track!! I even lost a pound... which I was SHOCKED to see! I figured I'd step on that scale and see it go up by at least 5! So... back in 4 weeks I go!! I'm looking forward to getting a belly and hopefully a bit of energy back!!

Ok... now onto the recipe! I'm not sure if I've shared this before... but it's a super easy recipe if you're ever in the mood to eat bread sticks with your favorite italian dish!

SOFT BREAD STICKS

2 1/2 cups Flour
4 tsp. Sugar
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/3 cups Milk
4-6 T. butter, melted *you may not even need that much!*
Garlic Powder (optional)
Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)

-->In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough.
-->Turn onto floured surface and gently knead 3-4 times.
-->Grease a cookie sheet (w/ edges) and roll or press dough (1/2" thick) onto cookie sheet.
-->Using a pizza cutter/roller, cut bread sticks into desired size.
-->Brush melted butter over dough... and sprinkle with garlic powder, parmesan cheese, etc.
-->Bake at 450 degrees for 14-18 mins or until slightly browned on top.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. i hate those paper gowns!!
    and yay for you and baby being healthy!

    mmm these breadsticks sound DELISH

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went well! :)
    I hated wearing those gowns....they never fit me anyway! :/
    Anyhoo....hope you have a good weekend! When does our BC stuff come in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful. I will try them with spaghetti this week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!