Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Blast From the Past!

The other day I was at my dad's Auto Body Shop. He has a TV in the waiting room which sometimes gets tuned into CMT just for the background noise. (That Carrie Underwood song "Temporary Home" gets me every time!! *Tear*).

Anyway... all of a sudden I heard this song playing.... and it transported me back in time to when I was in elementary school... at my neighbor's house.... where we spent MOST of our time in the summers... often calling in to a local radio station to request songs and then using blank tapes to record the songs as they came onto our tape player/FM Radio. I seriously still have some of those tapes!

Well... the song that was on CMT was Jerrod Niemann (who I'd never even heard of before) singing "Lover, Lover". Have you ever heard it??

This was the version I knew (from the early 90's):


Totally cheesie.... but I still LOVE it! Hahaha!!

3 comments:

  1. hehehehe...too funny!!! :) I never saw the video before. You know, I never really *got* what the song was about...I always just liked the sound of the song...especially the one part...I don't even know what the words are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Ben the other day that I swore that song was a cover! lmao! He didn't believe me until I just played the video.

    I love it when I'm right. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, until I married someone from the South and lived in Texas, I knew nothing about country music. Sorry to say, I don't know that song.

    I REALLY wanted to tell you, I got my snail mail today. It made my day!!! Of course, I'll be sending something back, but I wanted to let you know I got it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!