Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Festival Recap

Every year, I mean to take lots of pictures... every year... I think I take less and less.

Oh well. I'm sure my sister will post about it at some point!

Anyway...

Saturday was the Annual Fall Festival at my sis's in laws Meat Market. My mom and I started off 7 years ago with a booth for pottery. Each year, the pottery has dwindled (pottery is quite the process and it's hard to dedicate time to it when you're busy! Or for me--when you live an hour from the studio!). I have worked on other projects to fill up our table... aaaand, of course... I didn't take any pictures of the table we set up!

It was a beautiful day... the sun was out, the breeze was blowing. Perfect!

Over all, it seemed like a lot of people were looking and not buying. It's kind of frustrating, especially when you put so much work into the stuff you're trying to sell. However, I can relate. I don't have the kind of money to just walk around and freely spend on everything that catches my eye... so it's understandable that some people aren't always ready to spend, spend, spend. Although, I did get quite a few compliments as people browsed the tables!

Here are my nephew (on the top) and his cousin. They are using the steps as a stage and singing into their imaginary microphones!

(That's one of those picture things that you can stick your face in and become a scarecrow, pumpkin or corn cob!)

There is a lady who does Foot Reflexology that comes to give FREE foot massages! I had gotten Cory a gift certificate for his birthday, but he has yet to use it. I persuaded him to go for the free massage to give him a chance to chat with her and of course, enjoy a good foot rub. I don't think he appreciated that I waited until he was comfy in the chair to snag my camera and snap a picture! Haha!


Later on, Cory retreated to the car to nap... and I noticed that my dad had also decided to relax in his tilt bed.

I can't imagine that was comfortable for long!

When we got home, we realized that our faces were sun burnt... which was not pleasant... but I am so thankful that the weather was wonderful and that I did sell a little bit. I am hoping to be able to work on more pottery throughout the next year. We'll see how that goes with a newborn!

**********

I am waiting for the Windshield Repair guy to come to replace the windshield in Cory's car. Yesterday a piece of debris flew off of some guys truck and caused quite the chip... which we watched grow before our eyes as we were driving. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Your husband looks like he's in heaven there getting that foot rub! I betcha he uses that gift certificate soon now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but that picture of your dad taking a nap in his truck with the shoe hanging out is hilarious! That is definitely one to keep and laugh about. I can see the caption now "Insert name Auto Body...working hard for you!" lol! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!