Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Day... A Different Job Description.

I am sitting in my living room. Boo is on the floor at my feet and Weezer is laying beside me... curled up on the remote control.

I must admit... last night I didn't sleep well. I started to drift off to sleep... when the thoughts of work and this week just overwhelmed me. It was a fitful night... I was up with my racing thoughts, then up later because it was roasting, then up because it was storming and the thunder startled me awake. Not to mention the fact that I had to be up at 4:30 anyway... so the constant glance at the clock didn't help me to settle.
If you've read any of my previous posts... you would know that I was starting a new position at work. I actually was splitting my previous position from Shipping & Receiving to just Shipping. I was so stressed about it last night because they hadn't switched our computers over. I have NO office... so I didn't know how I would work at the crappy table the warehouse has... *sigh*. ETC ETC! Well, this morning - after my horrible night of sleeplessness.... I got to work to find my computer already at the warehouse. Of course it would turn on, etc... BUT I was NOT connected to the network - which meant I couldn't do what I needed to do. So it was back to the receiving office to print papers (which printed in the warehouse because they moved it down there until I get a new printer). Then I had to go to the warehouse to get whatever off of the printer... only to realize I'd forgotten to print something. Back to the receiving office... yadda yadda. This went on (among other things) for awhile. It took the IT Guys.. 3 hours and 15 mins.... yes... you read it right... to figure out my computer stuff!!!! OVER THREE HOURS!!! I was a nervous wreck just with all the change and everything. Then, the table/desk I am sitting at has NO room.. and I have to sit on a stool with no back support. I was definitely hurting! Luckily the guys left me alone for most of the day... and I just worked on paperwork. Over all it wasn't as horrible as I was expecting... but I just need my own space. I can't handle being at this crappy table without a decent chair.... (or music). AND... I had to wear my stinking hard hat ALL day. Shall I tell you how badly its making my skin break out!? OI! Anywho... I am still kind of stressed about it. But I will hopefully mellow out through the week. Then Wednesday is the Community Mural that we'll be getting set up to paint, etc. I'll post pics so you can see when its finished - unless, of course.... it RAINS, like the weather is calling for. Let's pray that it holds off a bit.

Well.... my grandma just called and asked me to come up and help her with something at her place. I don't know if I've mentioned much about her - but she is showing signs of Alzheimers... and it's really rough to be around her. I mean, I love her and want to spend time with her... but she just talks about random things. I am so worn out from my lack of sleep last night that I don't really want to go up. But I know she needs me... I will just need to make it a point to come home as soon as I can so I can get to bed. I almost feel like crying - I just feel so overwhelmed.


  1. I hope you get some much needed sleep soon..sleepless nights are no fun:(

  2. I am sorry it is so rough right now devon! I hope things get better!!! xoxo


Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!