Sunday, May 22, 2011

Little Miss Muffett....


I have posted briefly here and there about how I am trying to eat healthier. This doesn't mean "diet food". It primarily consists of more whole foods... Veggies, Fruits and Whole Grains... instead of White Flour (which is pretty much lacking in all nutrients--which is why it's called "enriched". The government MAKES flour companies add in the nutrients. You should look it up... white flour is not good.)... and sugar (natural sugars are OK in moderation). It actually hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to cut out the crap. Although I must say... sometimes I could really go for some cheesecake or something sweet like that!

We also have been trying to eat more organic - but it's hard to find around here - so we do the best we can with our budget.

Anyway--I have been referring to a book by Sally Fallon called Nourishing Traditions for my recipes. I attended a seminar once where Sally was the main speaker. She really put things into perspective when it comes to natural, whole, organic foods. BUT, I won't bore you with that. If you're interested in it... I encourage you to check out her website and books.



(Whey)

Some of the recipes call for homemade whey. I didn't make my own yogurt... but I did get whole plain organic yogurt at the store to make the whey with. It was really simple to make... and not only do you end up with Whey... you get your own Cream Cheese too! YUM! I don't know about you.. but for a $3 tub of yogurt... it's worth it to make my own cream cheese (The organic stuff is expensive!) and also have whey to use in some of the recipes I've been working on!


(Cream Cheese... I got 2 containers of it!)

If you are interested in making your own whey and cream cheese... send me an email or something and I can give you the step-by-step. It's totally easy!

If you are interested in Sally Fallon's book--you can find it on my sidebar!

I really encourage people who want to have a healthier body and lifestyle to look into more whole foods and organics. I have been losing weight, albeit slowly, and I eat butter on EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!