Monday, July 13, 2009

A Little Geocaching Adventure

First of all... I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my niece who is turning 8 today! My sister is putting together a Tea Party Birthday for her and some friends... so I decided that I wanted to try to make her a birthday cake for later on this evening when we get together with family for dinner. It supposed to be a 3D teacup on a saucer... but I'm not sure how it will turn out! It may end up turning into something else if I can't get it right! I'll post pictures when I complete it!

So the other night a couple of friends came over. I made pizza and cookies. We just hung out and chit chatted. Well, somehow they got on the topic of Geocaching. So Cory got online to look up if there were any in our area! We saw that one was at a nearby park... so we scrounged up a few treasures of our own to share and headed out! We didn't have a GPS--but this one seemed easy... so we figured we'd try it out.
Here we are when we got there. Is this the Cache? Seems way too easy to have found it as soon as I got out of the car! So we looked around for about 20 mins. Checking under plants, in trees, under stones, etc. Finally we decided that the little treasures in the flowers had to be it. So we went back to exchange treasures! (Which happened to be a Mega Block Man and a little tool box toy)
I wouldn't want to be die-hard into Geocaching... but I think it would be fun to get a cheap GPS and any time we go anywhere... see if we can do a couple of little searches! Has anyone else ever done it!?

One last thing before I go. Today is the day I have to have an ultra sound on my right kidney. I slept horribly last night just thinking of everything that could be wrong! So please keep me in your prayers this morning. I go in at 9:30AM and I'm pretty nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!