Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Reads!

As I mentioned in my last post, Eloise has been taking some long naps this summer.  It has been quite lovely for me!  And since I am trying to get rid of my overloaded book supply (just gave 30-some books to a friend the other week!!), I promised Cory that I won't buy any more books - at least for awhile.  But in the meantime, a coworker of his has been generously loaning books to me... and since I've had some extra down time... I've been doing quite a bit of reading!  (I'm taking advantage of the time while I can - I know having 2 little ones is going to change things for awhile!)


 SO... I wanted to share these books with you - so if you're so inclined, perhaps you would like to read them also.  They were very good.  A mix of history and fiction.  I am usually not one for factual books (*yawn*)... but the way the author tied facts with fiction was exceptional!  I couldn't wait to turn each page!  I look forward to reading more books by author Lynn Austin in the near future!!!

And, of course, I have to leave you with a picture of our little ham!
This is the face she gave me the other day when I told her to SMILE!


What a goofball!  :)

3 comments:

  1. hey, I say take the free time when you can get it!!! Read on, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look these up. I've heard of Lynn, but haven't read her work. Thanks for the share! Oh what a funny face and What a smile! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the recipient of those 30-some books, I am soooooooooo looking forward to starting one of them very soon! Not sure which one to pick, hehe! I'm almost done with my current read and am very excited to read something new....I just don't know where to start! Your Lynn Austin's look good! How cool of your friend to loan them to you!!! (I still have a bunch to loan you, should your bookcase become empty or your reading material well run dry!) And El's funny face is a hoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!