Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finally... a GOOD Appointment!

Yesterday was my 28 week appointment. I'm sure some of you, by now, know how much I've been dreading each and every appointment. *groan*

This appointment though... AWESOME!

Of course, I didn't see either of my doctors... I saw the Nurse Practitioner. And unfortunately, she doesn't deliver babies (rats!). She was VERY encouraging though! She was happy with my weight gain... 13 lbs in 7 months... she called it TEXT BOOK!

I had to bite my tongue to not say anything about how the doctors reacted to my weight gain in my previous appointments. I didn't want to ruin the GOOD experience I was having!

She measured and felt the baby. She said that my size was perfect... and that my stomach was the perfect stomach for having students learn how to feel the uterus, etc. (Apparently some women's uterus's tend to tilt backward or in... and are hard to feel... but mine is at an ideal spot).

She also was actually LAUGHING as she was trying to get the heart rate (144, by the way)... because the baby was being such a "wiggle worm".

She talked to me about breast feeding and birth control and anything else I wanted to talk about or ask questions about.

It was just overall a very positive experience! Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but with my last 2 appointments, I felt really crappy... this appointment and all of her compliments really helped to boost my confidence that I really AM doing OK!

It's too bad my doctors can't be more like her!

On a side note... isn't it an old wives tale that a heart rate over 140 is a girl??? A little less than 3 months and we shall find out!!

4 comments:

  1. You deserved a good appointment! I'm glad you had a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! So glad that you and your little wiggle worm had a good appointment! You're in the home stretch now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you had a nice appointment!! :)
    I just realized again that your due date must be close to Kavi's birthday! (feb 1st) I was at about the same weeks of pregnancy this time of year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good appointment! Don't rely too much on the heart rate thing, Brett's was always around 160.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!