Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Big Five-Oh... on Monday.

Monday is my mom's 50th. Since Monday is not a convenient day for a birthday party... we are having one tonight. Just a small family get-together at my sister's. My aunt and cousin drove up for the weekend, so that'll be fun. The menu... Lasagna, Salad, Bread... and CAKE! Guess who got to make the CAKE!? ME! ME! ME! By no means am I a cake artist. You won't see me on the next Food Network Cake Challenge... or on Cake Boss... or whatever that show is. However, I do think it's fun to have a special cake on your special day. Here are a couple that I have made... one for my brother in law and one for my nephew. Like I said before.. I am not a cake artist! However, that's not the point. Soooo... it being my mom's 50th and all, I thought I'd try my hand at something else. (Let me just say that all of the cakes I make are free-hand... I don't even look at a picture... so that should count for something right??)
My mother is a unique person, to say the least. She gives, gives, GIVES to everyone else and rarely does for herself... unless it comes to her horses... HAHA! Of course, I guess that means she gives to her horses and not really herself... although it all comes around in the end because the horses make her happy! Anyway... she is also VERY creative (note the Halloween Costumes in my previous post) and doesn't hesitate to paint faces, signs, decorate, design, etc. etc. etc. for anything that comes up! She is also an awesome cook (Mmmm... Potato Salad)... and has a hilarious sense of humor (Although I didn't think so when I was a kid and she'd start singing in public or perhaps even more embarrassing... when she would say "Walk this way!!" and start walking in a deep, exagerated lunge through the aisles of the grocery store.... oh the humiliation!!!). Anyway... even though it's not quite her birthday... I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best Mom in the world!!! I hope you like your cake!! I made it just for you!

3 comments:

  1. That is the coolest horse cake ever! And probably the only one I've ever seen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cake!!!
    You are ver talented!!
    Happy Birthday to your mom...she is a year younger then me.....
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!