Thursday, October 10, 2013

Egg-Free Ice Cream!


 My husband and I try to make our daughter's life as normal as possible when it comes to food.  
Normal in a healthy way.  

Since she can't have eggs or peanuts, and we limit her store-bought processed and sugary foods... we are often changing and adapting recipes we find to make things she can eat.  I have to give my husband total credit for this one... he rocked out the ice cream recipe!  I don't know if you can find this same recipe on the internet somewhere.  I haven't looked.  But in case you can't... here is how Cory made it. 

And let me assure you, it is oh-so-delicious!

We have a Cuisinart ice cream maker... 
but  imagine it works with any kind!

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups Whole Milk (preferably raw or organic)
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

Mix-a-Mix-a-Mix-a!
Add to your ice cream maker 
(make sure the bowl thing for the ice cream maker was in the freezer, as per the Cuisinart directions!)
Let it do it's magic for half an hour and Voila!
Yummy Egg-Free, Refined Sugar-Free ice cream!

The texture isn't quite as "creamy"... but it's still SO good!
And if you're like us, you may enjoy adding some chocolate chips!

We get Enjoy Life for the allergy free benefits... 
but you gotta watch for them to go on sale or they can be pricey!


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!