Friday, July 15, 2011

Sad Day


It was a tough decision...
but it was one that I had to make on my own.

I am selling my 56" Macomber Loom.

(Don't mind the hideous linoleum floor)

I have had this beast for about 8 or 9 years.
I have used it maybe 3 times.
I always had good intentions.
I wanted to weave scarves and rugs and blankets...
but it was always too daunting a task.
You have to be able to devote time to it...
and when I was working a full time job...
time was nonexistent.
When I was pregnant... I sure as heck didn't have
the energy to tackle a project.
And now... with an almost 6 month old...
it's just too much again.

And it monopolizes most of my dining room.
The thing is HUGE.

So... today, I posted a couple of FOR SALE
listings on some local sites.

And the wait begins.

I am making a frowny face right now...
but selling is the right thing to do.

I really do enjoy weaving.... but I also
would like to have a dining room table sometime
in the near future!!

Maybe someday I'll have a house with
my very own art/craft room... and
I'll be able to buy a smaller (more practical) loom.
((I can dream, can't I?))

Maybe my "sad day" will turn into my "someday" one day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I know it was a difficult decision...but really, you did the best thing! I am proud of you! I think that once you sell it, you will be happy for the extra money and space!!! :o) Plus, whomever buys it may have the time to put it to good use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your dreams comes true sooner than later. Good luck to you for a quick sale & may you enjoy some table space. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that sometimes in our letting go of the good, God gives us better.....or ultimately His best! If you could turn the loom into a dining room table, you'd be set! Look at it this way....you are gonna make so many more memories around that dining room table than you ever did around the loom! And that's a GREAT thing! And somebody somewhere is gonna get a HUGE blessing out of your loom!!!!! And who knows? Maybe something better than the loom will come your way later and you can still pursue that crafting vision of yours!!!! Love ya! Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!