Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving is over... but there are always things to be thankful for!  
Sometimes we need a reminder of that. 
It can be so easy to get caught up in what we think we want or need...
instead of being grateful for what has been given to us already.

One of the very reasons I don't go Black Friday shopping.
Not only do the crowds deter me... 
(I am a very impatient shopper, ask my sister!)
But, there is nothing I truly can't live without when it comes to
all of those "great deals".

One of the things I am most truly grateful for is the opportunity to stay home with Eloise.
We are by no means rolling in the dough, but we live within our means
and it has been such a blessing to be able to be there every 
step of the way in Eloise's journey so far.

Last Saturday was the first time I was away from Eloise for more than 4 hours.
It was a stressful time as I was in the hospital for dehydration,
getting fluids pumped into an IV for 2 hours.

(Oh my... if you could have been a fly on the wall seeing the first attempt at getting the IV port in my arm.  I guarantee you would have been laughing hysterically.  I was so embarrassed - let's just say, I passed out.  I'll leave it at that!)

The baby and myself are fine.
Another thing I am grateful for!
Eloise had a rough time of it when my mother-in-law put her down for a nap.
(We have a daily routine that rarely gets interrupted)
But the reaction Cory and I got from her when she woke up made it all better!!
Though I did feel guilty for being away so long!

So, now I am drinking 80-90 oz of water a day trying to stay hydrated.
Sloshy Sloshy!

Thanksgiving was spent part of the day at my parents and then the evening at Cory's folks.
I'll leave you with some pictures!

Walking up to see Grammie's horses...



Heading back to the house for lunch!
 

 Hanging out with Uncle Chris.


Sitting with Pop Pop.
 

The week before Thanksgiving, my stomach really popped out!
I'm 34 Weeks!
(My husband is not on drugs, he just looks like it by his expression!  HAHA!)



The "Light Up Night Parade" took place last evening in my parents town.  
Eloise and I came to help decorate... sort of!  
My sister and her kids did most of the work!


 I didn't get to stay for the finishing touches... I believe my sister has those pictures.  
We had to drive the hour home and didn't get to watch the parade.

Yesterday also was a milestone for Eloise!
22 Months!


 So many things and people to be thankful for!  
At Thanksgiving and all year round!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like some fun family time shared...that always makes for a wonderful Thanksgiving...your little one is precious.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the dehydration! :( Glad everything is fine!!
    Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure glad to hear you and the baby are alright. You did pop out! Eloise, already 22 months!
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!