Friday, August 5, 2011

MMMMmmmm... Marinade!!

I am horrible, I didn't take a picture... but bear with me!

You absolutely MUST try this marinade recipe.

For years, I have been trying to figure out how to cook chicken. I try to grill, boil (Yes, boil - not broil) and bake. Since I am so paranoid about having under-done meat, I usually end up cooking the crap out of it... and really, who likes totally dry - have to take a big drink with every bite - chicken?

It gets old.

Well, my sister's family bought Cory a subscription to EATING WELL for his Birthday this year. We got the first issue a couple of days ago and as I was flipping through, I noticed a recipe for a marinade... and we actually had all of the ingredients already in our pantry! I have NEVER used a marinade before. Does that make me weird?

So, I decided to give it a whirl... and WHOA MAMA! It was sooooo delicious!

I wanted to share the recipe with you because it's EASY PEASY!

BALSAMIC MARINADE
(Makes enough for 1 1/4 lb of chicken)
Whisk 1/4 c. each Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, 2 minced Garlic Cloves, 1 T. Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp. Salt and 1/2 tsp Pepper

Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1-12 hours.
(The longer it marinates, the more intense the flavor)

Grill on Med/High for 4-8 mins per side...
(only turn once!)

ENJOY!

And, since I didn't take a picture of the chicken, I'll leave you with a picture of my sweetie pie!


Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha ... I'm looking in my blog subscription feed and I see your blog with the title "Mmmm Marinade" and then a picture of Eloise. No words or descriptions, just the title and the picture. It made me chuckle :)

    I love love love balsamic vinegar, I'll have to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good...I marinade chicken in salsa and it is really good on the grill. Do you have a George Foreman grill? I use for everything from chicken and pork to fresh fish. It cooks everything fast (and well done :)) and leaves the food very moist.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the marinade! It sounds yummy!

    I am glad for the picture of El instead of the chicken...she is *much* cuter!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe and for sharing a picture of "Sweetie Pie".
    I look forward to seeing our Noah sitting up and playing like that.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!