Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Fresh Start...

It's been about a month since I really focused on my Weight Watchers... and tomorrow I am starting fresh. From the beginning of the year, my coworker and I have been weighing ourselves each Monday on the Warehouse scale. In February, I was up to my highest weight. Since then, I had joined Weight Watchers in May and had lost 17 lbs. I am fearing that my little bit of wavering has let a few of those pounds creep back in. So, tomorrow... a fresh start. Cory helped me out by portioning some of my food that I'll take to work (he spoils me!)... and I am going to start getting online to log in my food again. It's really not that big of a deal and it's not hard... it's just that I get busy or lazy... or a combination of both. Wish me luck! I believe that we are God's temple... and I definitely fall short from keeping it pure. I love sweets... and yes, I have a tattoo. But, considering there are things that are out of my control (like removing a tattoo)... I believe that I can still make the effort to eat right and be healthy. I do not like to exercise... YUCK! But I may try to get on that exercise bike as well and make the most of it. The good thing is that I am able to read and pedal at the same time, so I can actually half enjoy the work out. I do want to say though, I don't believe that we have to be stick-thin or look like (air brushed) models in a magazine to honor God's temple. But eating right and being healthy is important... that's why when I do follow WW's, I try to eat the fruits and veggies... the foods that are more wholesome. I admit, I do eat some sweets and such... but you can't just cut things out cold turkey or you'll go crazy!! I would like to encourage others, if you are struggling with over-eating (I'm the type of person who likes her comfort food!!!!)... take a look at WW's website. It might not work for everyone, but it has worked for me when I've made the effort. And if you can't afford it or just feel overwhelmed, just do the best you can. I know it's not easy to pass up dessert or that extra helping at meal time, but you'll be glad you did. If you need some support or want an accountability partner, let me know... I'd be more than happy to have one myself. I think back to when I started eating unhealthy over the past month and think what I could have lost if I would have stuck with it. That's what gives me motivation to keep going. It also motivates me to want to make a lifestyle change. The minute you stop "dieting" - the weight is going to creep back in. But making the right, healthy choices is what is best. I can do it, you can do it... all with God's help!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY Goodness, Nen i found your blog through Jennifer's (Child Of the King) post..but i just posted a blog post mirroring yours..i'm christian too, and i am doing weight watchers i restarted it for good this time on 10/16/08 definitely check out my blog i post about different topics, ranging from weight watchers my last post to giveaways, to politics, to music videos etc etc

    And i think we have so much in common being Christian and doing the w.w. lifestyle..
    I'd honestly love to be your accountability partner that'd work great..here is my email just in case

    janect_2004@yahoo.com

    if i don't respond quickly don't take it to heart, i am very busy but rest assured i'll get back to you..and also let me know if you are interested i can give you a link to a weight watcher's message board's thread where i post with other girls each day..they are very kind, and not cruel..they are sweet and they are so encouraging even on days when you are off program and they are wise and older..i LOVE these girls to death..so if you are interested just let me know and i'll give you our link and you can post with us and get accountability that way as well =))

    well hun i have lots of homework =)) i gotta get to it, sorry for such a long post.

    but pls also check out my blog it's

    www.princess0479.blogspot.com

    And leave me a comment please =)
    i love hearing from others about my blog =))

    take care!

    Blessings & HUGS to you!

    To God be all glory!

    In Him, Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!