Monday, August 3, 2015

8 Months!

Audra turned 8 months!


 This girl has been on the go!  
Not only is she crawling, but she is pulling herself up and 
walking along furniture, letting go and holding her balance steady.  
She has yet to take any *real* steps, but I'm ok with that!

And!  She has two teeth!
Praise the Lord that those teeth finally broke through!
She was quite a bear for awhile.  


We do a mix of baby foods and finger foods.  
She prefers finger foods, but I admit that I 
am a little paranoid about her choking!  
So we are taking that a bit slow!


She does not like to be told "No" (as seen above)... 
and is developing quite her own little personality.
She is a bit of a ham when mimicking us!
And I LOVE her giggle!


The same day Audra turned 8 months, we also
had her dedicated at church.  My sister wrote up a post about it on her
blog, if you care to check it out!  I didn't get many pictures
since I was the one actually standing up front and 
busy with other things once we got home.
We hosted a small picnic gathering for family and friends
who attended the service.

It was a day to celebrate, however, also a 
day of sadness as we learned that a young man
that we know took his own life several hours after
the church service ended.
It has been a time of grief for our church family,
and will continue to be so for quite some time, I'm sure.

The day after the dedication, we celebrated my birthday.
Here I am with my girls!

 
Hard to believe that the summer is already winding down.
So thankful for the beautiful weather we've had
and the days and evenings of playing outside!




3 comments:

  1. Devon - That picture of you and your girls is absolutely gorgeous! I had seen your sister's dedication post. I'm so saddened to hear about the young man. Did he attend the church you go to? I will say a prayer for his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! :) To answer your question, Yes... the boy was a 15 yr old who attended our church with his family. To say it was a shock is an understatement! Such a nice young man and wonderful family. It's so sad that he didn't reach out to someone.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!