Monday, September 16, 2013

Each Day is a Gift

The days come and go.  Sometimes, when dealing with the frustrations of parenthood (potty training is not on my top list of wonderful parenting moments!!)... and well, life in general... it's hard to remember that each day is a gift.  Today I was once again reminded.

Cory's dad had a scan on his brain this morning.  If you remember (or are a new reader and haven't heard), he was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer in 2011.  Chemo and surgery helped to get that taken care of, so to speak.  Then, just before our youngest, Dinah,was born in early January, he found out he had lesions on his brain.  We were heartbroken!  My blood pressure was up pretty high when I went in for one of my last prenatal appointments.  He had Gamma Knife surgery and came home from the hospital the day Dinah was born.  What a blessing!!

We have been going through the past 8 months with the upcoming MRI in the back of our minds.  (Though I'm sure it was in the forefront of Cory's mind at times.)  So, the results came back that he has a new lesion and also that one (or more) of the old ones is still growing.  He will be able to have Gamma Knife surgery again... but after that, if they keep growing... there isn't a whole lot that can be done.  

We are always praying for a miracle... but mostly I find myself praying for his soul.  That no matter what happens, no matter how much it will hurt when he is gone... that one day we will see him again in Paradise.  Because, though being together on earth is wonderful, being together in heaven will be more magnificent than we can ever fathom.  I pray that we will all be reunited there when the time comes.

Your prayers are appreciated!


I would also like to ask for prayers for miss Eloise.  We have had a baffling summer.  She has food allergies... but it also seems as if she has seasonal allergies and/or asthma.  We can't seem to pinpoint the triggers.  They are so frustratingly random!!  Thankfully we are able to get her into the Allergist on October 3rd.  We are praying for answers for our sweet girl.

And little Dinah turned 8 months!  She is crawling and pulling herself up like crazy.  She has taken a few wobbly steps too!  Tooth #3 is making it's debut and #4 will be soon to follow!


I love these little stinkers!



I hope that their Pappy will be around a lot longer to watch them grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!