Friday, February 10, 2012

"Healthy" Carrot Cake Recipe

For the few of you who had asked for the recipe for the Whole Wheat Maple Syrup Carrot Cake we gave Eloise for her birthday... HERE is the link from my original recipe post.
(Saves me from typing it all out)

I was NOT thrilled with the icing recipe I have in that post...
so if anyone can find or come up with a healthy cream cheese recipe
(meaning, no sugar or processed crap)...
please, email me or comment so I can try it out myself!

Also--make sure you grate your carrots on a small grater or a food processor.
Bigger pieces of grated carrots give it a weird texture, in my opinion!
(We also stored it in the fridge because it's so good chilled!)

And let me know how you like the cake!
We made Eloise's without the nuts...
but MMMmmm... I love it with nuts!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Devon! Hope dear E is feeling better after her allergy scare. Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!