Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Autumn seems to be zipping right into winter in these parts!  The weather forecast is calling for a mix of rain and snow on Friday.  I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to it.  I feel like we barely had a chance to enjoy the changing leaves and cool, crisp air. 
But, it is what it is!

 (Playing Peter Pan.... "Wendy" is reading a book to Dinah)

We have been stuck inside for the past week or so.  Not that we go out all that much (this preggo mama is too pooped most of the time!)... but both girls have had a bit of a cold and Eloise has developed a rash around her mouth (which you can see in above picture).  A trip to the doctor to confirm what it was, some medicine... and we are really hoping it's gone by Friday so she can do a little trick-or-treating!  I can't wait to reveal their costumes!  In the meantime, we have been wiping noses, sanitizing toys and doing laundry non-stop.  I'd say that Cory and I both are pretty weary of it all!  BUT, we hope that it will all be out of the way before Baby arrives.  (2-4 weeks!)  I don't have a picture to share because the last "belly pic" I took was atrocious.  But maybe I'll share a 36 week picture next week!  I had an appointment yesterday and things are looking fine.  The baby's head is down, which is not surprising since I am constantly feeling little feet shoving my right side! :)



Eloise has started "school".  She already knows her alphabet, colors, shapes and counting to 50 and higher.... but we are working on preschool type things just to get her to learn to follow directions, penmanship/line control and other basics.  She enjoys it SO much!  She begs me every day to do more.  I know that won't last long, so I'll take it while I can get it!


Dinah is enjoying playing... especially "Weegos" (Legos)... but sometimes will join in for some "school" (aka: scribbling) as well.  :)

Despite the colds, rashes, multiple frenzied wiping of noses, extra laundry and sanitizing... I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks with just me and My Girls.  I admit that I am TIRED, frustrated and can't wait to not be pregnant anymore.... but I also want to enjoy these special moments of just the three of us at home together.  Everything is about to change (for the better, of course)... but it's a little bittersweet to know it won't be just me, Dinah and Eloise in a few short weeks.  I am blessed for sure!  And soon to be blessed with one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!