Sunday, December 27, 2020

Boo: 2006-2020

 I know I don't post here often, but for anyone who ever followed me years ago I thought I would just make a quick post that our old Boo pup had to be put down on December 23rd.


She lived a long, good life  -- 14.5 years!  She spent about half her life with us, but as we started having babies and our house kept getting smaller (ha!)... and she needed a couple of surgeries on her "knees"... she started spending more time with my in-laws who had a one story house.  It was such a blessing for them to have a distraction over the years of my father-in-law's cancer battle.  Once he passed in 2016, Boo was a constant companion to my mother-in-law.  They became the very best of friends.  We visited some, but with Eloise's dog allergies (oddly acquired after Boo moved out of our house), she was always miserable and it had to be limited.

Boo battled cancer off and on for a couple of years.  My mother-in-law opted for Boo to have surgery a couple of times, but at her old age and with the fast-growing mast cell tumors, she finally got to a point where she wasn't eating much and could barely get up to go out (without being completely assisted by a harness).  It was a hard decision for my mother-in-law to have to put her down, but we fully supported it.  We went out for a final visit just before the vet appointment.  It was a pretty emotional time, but it was the right thing to do.

Dogs are not people, but they can still hold a very special place in our hearts.

Boo will always be in our memories. 💕

May 4, 2006 - December 23, 2020

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!