Friday, July 10, 2009

A Couple of Easy and Tasty Recipes!

Last night Cory and I were going to eat some left over goulash for dinner. I figured I'd try to add a little extra to the meal... so I went online and found this really easy recipe for bread sticks! They were so easy and good... I thought I would share. Not only were they good with our pasta dish... they would probably be even better dipped in pizza sauce!

Soft Bread Sticks

2 1/2 c. Flour
4 tsp. Sugar
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/3 c. Milk
6 T. Melted Butter

-In small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Gradually add milk and stir to form soft dough.
-Turn onto floured surface. (I found that the dough was very sticky--so I added extra flour all over the outside of the dough so that my hands didn't become a sticky mess and it was easier to handle--I had no problem after that)
-Knead gently 4-3 times. (Again, add flour if you end up with some sticky parts)
-Roll into a long rectangle. (You will want the dough to be about 1/2" thick)
-Cut into 24 bread sticks. (More or less depending on how thick you want them to be)
-Place melted butter and 2 T. garlic powder in a 13X9 pan. Place each bread stick in the butter and turn to coat. Place bread sticks on a large cookie sheet 1/4" or so apart. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese, optional.
-Bake at 450 degrees for 14-18 mins.


Another great and easy recipe is perfect for the crock pot! We are having it tonight for dinner! This recipe is just kind of by personal preference depending on how much you want to make. We don't make a ton since it's just the two of us.

Salsa Chicken
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Jar of Salsa
1 Can of Whole Kernel Corn (optional)

-Toss chicken in the crock pot, pour salsa and corn over chicken and cook on low for 8 or 9 hours. You can't really hurt it. So if you go to work and leave it in the crock pot until you get home... it will still be just as good! I wouldn't recommend putting the chicken in frozen unless you are home to cook it on high for a few hours and then switch it to low for the remainder of the time.
-Cook some rice (the kind you can microwave in the bag is fast and tasty).
-Serve the chicken and salsa over the rice.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!