Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mom's 50th... Take 1... and 2!

The past couple of months have been full of planning for my mom's 50th. We had not one.. but TWO parties for her... and boy was it hard not to want to spill the beans about the second. It was a surprise party! We ended up pulling it all off and scaring the crap out of her! So I thought I'd share some pictures!

Here is my niece helping make a Pinata for the surprise party. She did a great job! I made the actual Pinata cast with the newspaper, balloons, etc... and then she came over to my house once it was dry and helped me put the tissue paper on it.

Here is some family at the First party... just hanging out.
And here are me and my nephews lighting the candles on the cake!


And here is my mom opening a present! (Of course she was surrounded by the kids... they can't resist "present time"! I don't blame them!)
(She loves the Johnny Carson show)

I didn't get any pictures of her blowing out the candles since I was the one who delivered the cake to the table!

Of course, since we had THIS party... Mom didn't have any inkling that we would do a party the next weekend as well!! It was a lot of planning and such... but it turned out GREAT!

Here are some pics of the decorations I made... we also decorated with hay bales and we all wore plaid shirts and jeans (my mom's trademark outfit).

It's hard to tell... but that is bandanna wrapping paper that I used for the letters! And those are chickens and eggs too!

This was our version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey--except we made it "Willy" (one of my mom's horses). The kids played this... as you can see all of the tails were pinned pretty much ALL over the horse!


Here is my nephew taking a swing at the Pinata! It was a hard one to break... but after the kids took many turns, they got it down! (He knocked the head off first, as you can see it dangling there!)

This was the cake we had made with a picture of her horse Coby...

And last, but certainly not least... my mom's priceless expression as she walked into the party!
GOTCHA!
We love you mom! Hope you enjoyed your 50th!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahahahaha!!! I LOVE that last pic!!!! I think we should blow it up and frame it and give it to her for Christmas!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha!

    I wrote a post about the surprise party too....
    http://countryblossom.blogspot.com/2009/11/surprise-50th-bday-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you have to say!